Apps and SDKs for capturing and streaming from mobile devices
Larix Broadcaster uses full power of mobile devices cameras to stream live content, basic features include:
- Larix streaming library capabilities.
- Landscape/portrait orientation.
- Live rotation support.
- Front/back cameras hot switch.
- “Always vertical” and “Always horizontal” modes support.
- Content recording and screenshots saving support.
- Pause the stream: long tap on Start will pause the stream without disconnecting it.
Video track will contain a black screen, audio track will contain silence.
- Stand-by mode: when stopped, long tap on Start will start stream in pause mode, waiting to start with the camera image.
A separate set of overlays can be mapped onto stand-by.
- Audio-only capture mode: disable preview, stream from background, no video in output stream.
- Overlays support:
- Define image layers;
- Assign layers for all mode: streaming, pause and stand-by;
- Use external URL and local images;
- Enable layers on-the-fly via quick display options.
- Other platform-specific features are listed on Android and iOS pages.